My name is Dr. Amita Talati and I am double board-certified by American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology and American Board of Integrative & Holistic Medicine. I have completed “Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical practice” course at the Institute of Functional Medicine. I have been in private practice for over twenty years with extensive experience in mental health and integrative care. I am an integrative/functional based Psychiatrist with lifestyle as well as psychopharmocology related treatment approaches. I help adults, especially women with stress and related illnesses, anxiety, panic anxiety, depression, women’s issues, trauma and several other mental health problems affecting work, home or relationships. My assessment and treatment plans consider the health and well-being of a person as a whole. The mind and mental health involve several aspects, such as biological, metabolic, psycho-social and spiritual. Hence my recommendations may include medications, lab tests and referral for services by a nutritionist, individual or couples psychotherapist and/or group work, seminars for relaxation and positive thinking. To provide the highest quality care, I collaborate with other caring, qualified practitioners to offer some of these specialized services.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Our office does not give out information without your explicit consent, except in certain situations such as an emergency or a judge’s court order. I do try to protect your privacy as much as possible even in these circumstances. Our staff understands and respects both your privacy and the HIPPA law of patient’s right to privacy.
I invite you to explore this website to learn more about my practice and unique approach to integrative/functional psychiatry. Should you have any questions, please Contact us. If you would like to set-up a consultation, please schedule an appointment by calling us at 856-770-1300.
Dr. Talati's Credentials and Training:
- Board Certified by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Board Certified by American Board of Integrative & Holistic Medicine (ABIHM)
- Board Certified by American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) -Integrative Medicine
- Certifications and or training in the following:
- Functional Medicine (through Institute of Functional Medicine)
- Stress Reduction (mind/body medicine through Harvard University. Currently Benson-Henry Institute of Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Ayurvedic Medicine (through University of Connecticut Medical Center)
- Energy Medicine and Pranic Psychotherapy (through Pranic Healing Center)
- Hypnosis (through University of Pennsylvania Hospital